The purpose of Scrolling Saturday is to choose one of your archived posts and repost it for your new blogging buddies. This is a post from August 8, 2007:
I was reading another blog tonight (I'm sorry I don't remember which one - I hadn't learned about linky love at this point), and she brought up the idea of having an imaginary dinner party where you could invite anyone you wanted, real or imagined, alive or already gone, past, present, future. Who would you invite to your dinner party? Here's my list:
1. Jesus, so I could speak to him in his earthly form.
2. My daddy, because I miss him so much.
3. My son's imaginary friend Buddy and my daughter's imaginary friend Birdie. They could probably help me solve a lot of mysteries. That also takes care of #4.
5. The new superintendent of schools in my district who will be named in January of 2008.
6. Noah. I'd like to know about the planning and preparations for the flood and the convenant of the Rainbow.
7. The man who invented pantyhose (I'm sure it wasn't a woman), so I could ask him, "Why?"
8. My preacher, Jerry.
9. His wife, Kristine.
10. B., a religious mentor.
11. His wife, Ruth.
12. The entire Rascall Flatts band. That would make 15 guests, right?
16. Hunter Pence, the youngest new Astros ball player.
How about you?
For more Scrolling Saturday participants, click here.