Wednesday, January 30, 2008
Thursday Thirteen #17
13 Books I Want to Read – not necessarily in this order:
1. Cold Case by Stephen White – crime-fighting from a psychologist’s point of view.
2. 7th Heaven by James Patterson (due out in February) – Women’s Murder Club series.
3. Maximum Ride #4 The Final Warning by James Patterson (due out in March) = A breathtaking story - a girl who can fly has to save herself from the scientists who want to control her--and maybe save the world in the process.
4. The Kite Runner by Khaled Hosseini – set in Afghanistan about a privileged boy and the son of his servant.
5. For One More Day by Mitch Albom – a suicidal man encounters his mother’s ghost.
6. The Screwtape Letters by C. S. Lewis (I’ve started it, but I need to fnish. – Satire at its finest – a character is coached to tempt people away from God.
7. The Appeal by John Grisham (brand-new!) – Courtroom drama, legal thriller.
8. When Mars and Venus Collide by John Gray. – Attempting to cope with stress, men and women are too exhausted or overwhelmed to deal with each other.
9. Frankenstein by Mary Shelley - A classic - one man's obsession to create life -- and the monster that became his legacy
10. The (ENTIRE) Bible in one year – read the entire bible in one year in 15 minutes a day or less.
11. Warning Signs by Stephen White – psychologist struggles with patient confidentiality issues.
12. Dear John by Nicholas Sparks – a man enlists, struggles with separation from his love, then the Twin Towers fall and change everything.
13. The Daring Book For Girls by Andrea Buchanan and Miriam Peskowitz – Every girl’s invitation to adventure.