1. Dad - I miss him. It's been over 4 years since his death, but not a day goes by that I don't think of him. I still don't think I've properly grieved for him, either.
2. Daughter - I am trying to be a good daughter to my mom, espcially with all she's gone through medically lately. Plus, I have a daughter who has a twin brother. And I have two step-daughters
3. Daughter-in-law - My step-son is finally going to marry the mother of his twins. They are getting married in March in Vegas. Hubby and I are two of the select few invited.
4. Dependable - People with whom I have worked with on teams might describe me as dependable. I'm an efficient person who does what she says she is going to do.
5. Dowry - I had to explain this to my class today as we began reading "A Midsummer Night's Dream." I suppose it's a good thing that dowries aren't offered to men in our country. I wonder if that custom still exists in other nations.
6. Diamonds - I would like to have a small pair of diamond stud earrings. Maybe hubby will get themf or me one day.
7. Dent - I have a dent in the back of the chrome part of my 4Runner. I backed into a pole in a parking lot. My son was with me and never lets me forget it.
8. Date - With mine and hubby's hectic schedules lately, we're going to have to set up a date if we ever want to actually see each other alone any time soon.
9. Dog - the dog smells pretty bad right now. I wonder how much I'd have to pay the kids to get one of them to give him a good bath?
10. Dentist - I need to schedule dental appointments for the whole family, and while I'm there, get the name of an orthodontist for my 12 year olds.
11.Disappear - I don't understand how come spoons and forks just disappear from the house! Do the older girls use them to eat on the way to school and then leave them there? I had 12 soup spoons three years ago. Now I can find two. Ridiculous!
12. Diaper - I truly feel sorry for the woman who had 8 babies and all those diapers she is going to have to change.
13. Delicate - I always wanted to be one of those delicate women - you know the ones - delicate body, delicate hands, delicate voice, even a delicate attitude. That is not meant to be for me.
Visit more Thursday 13-ers!