Tamy at 3 Sides of Crazy tagged me with this Christmas spirit award. She is definitely a blogger with Christmas spirit. Have you seen her decorations? What about her baking? I'm making one of her cookie recipes with the kids tonight. She even organized one of my favorite swaps, Home for the Holidays, and participated in numerous others because she is so full of Christmas spirit!
The rules are easy. List five things you love about Christmas, then tag whomever you want. Oh, and have fun!
5 Thngs I Love About Christmas
1. Decorations - I love decorating my house with a tree, garlands, poinsettias, nutcrackers, snowmen, and all the traditional colors and sights of Christmas. What you see in my header is last year's tree and some of the other decor around my home. Here's another of my favorite ornaments.
2. Lights - I'm taking my kids out to look at Christmas lights tonight. It's something we've all been looking forward to.
3. Gift-giving - I really don't care what I get for Christmas (as long as it's not a vacuum - LOL), but what I really enjoy is choosing gifts for the special people in my life (especially the gifts you really have to think about). I want to tell you so badly what I got my 12 year old twins, but they are sometimes looking over my shoulder when I blog, so I'll have to refrain. I love watching my family open the gifts I've chosen for them.
4. Making cards, tags, and gifts - This year I did some digital scrapbook pages so I could print them out and give them as gifts to the twins' grandmothers. I've worked on them all year. I put them in plastic sleeves in a binder, and I finally finished them last week. I also made cards and gift tags this year, and that's a tradition I plan to continue.
5. Christmas Eve candlelight church service - It usually makes me cry, but the service is so moving, reminding us the reason our family celebrates Christmas, and it is always beautiful.
There are so many more reasons I love Christmas. I wrote about them last Thursday if you want to click the link. It's my favorite holiday.
"J" at Musings from Left Field - This is a blogger who loves Christmas and really knows how to celebrate! It's so much fun reading about her parties and celebrations.
"D" at My Life is Based on a True Story - She really went all out to get her kids unique gifts, and she is full of Christmas joy.
Tammy at Queen-Sized Funny Bone - She never fails to make me laugh and keep me going with her Christmas funnies.
Chrissy at Chrissy's Creative Spot - This blogger, one of my dear Internet friends, has a lot of Christmas spirit and makes the cutest gifts and cards.
Bubba's Sis at Mother, Daughter, Sister, Friend... Me - She is full of Christmas spirit. You should see the tree they have by their deck!
And Mommy Holly - This is a relatively new blog on my reader, and this "Mommy" is FULL of Christmas spirit!
Merry Christmas everyone!