Edition #28, brought to you by my son's eye injury.
13 responses and comments about the baseball colliding with his eye.
1. Oh my gosh! (By far the most common reaction.)
2. I’m fine, mom. (And, believe it or not, he is!)
3. Tell him he should catch the ball next time. (This one from my step-son, the ER nurse. He is soooo funny! Not.)
4. Take him to the ER for a CT scan. (From my step-son’s wife, also a nurse.)
5. He needs to have his eye x-rayed to make sure there’s not an orbital floor fracture. (the coach.)
6. Put ice on it. (Duh!)
7. He could have a concussion. (He could, but he doesn’t, and I’m thankful.)
8. Is he throwing up? (no)
9. Did he pass out? (no)
10. It’s not like the doctor can put a cast on his eye. (This also, from my wise-cracking step-son.)
11. Wake him every two-three hours to make sure he’s coherent. (I didn’t.)
12. He’s gonna have a shiner for a while! (Ya think?)
13. Take him to the concussion center (yes, there is actually a clinic that does testing to make sure there are no lasting effects from a concussion. Got this info from the nurse at my school.)
This is day 2. Scroll down for day 1 in my Wordless Wednesday post.