Join me at Emmy Mom for Friday Five.
This a weekly meme-EVERY FRIDAY! (#Friday5) It's an easy way to end the week by sharing 5 thoughts and 5 pictures from the week. This is the perfect way to share those things that don't necessarily need a whole post of their own.
1. The temperature one day this week reached 81 degrees. That's ridiculous! I'm glad we're not having a blizzard, but January should not be so warm. I think we tied a record for our area. The lows have stayed about the same. The next few days are going to be about 20 degrees cooler, and I'm thankful for that.
2. I have added a prayer/quiet time to my Bible-reading time, and I am so glad. It makes me feel so peaceful.
3. My husband and I went to play one session of bingo last weekend. We didn't win. Big surprise!
4. Looking forward to the Souper Bowl today. Yes, I said Souper Bowl and today. Where I work, one of our departments hosts the Souper Bowl the Friday before the Super Bowl. They make some fantastic soups: baked potato, chicken tortilla, chili, vegetable, broccoli cheddar, and so many more. And another department brings ice cream and sundae fixings. Fun! I much prefer the Souper Bowl to the Super Bowl! Will you be watching?
5. There were new shows on last night that I wanted to see, and my DVR didn't record them. Maybe I can get them "on demand."
My team! And TJones is back!
I grew up in Humble where Humble Oil (Gasoline) was founded. It later became Exxon.
I thought this was funny!
My mom and daughter at a performance we went to recently.
For my husband's birthday, my mother-in-law made a traditional English meal. Roast beef, gravy, Yorkshire pudding, potatoes, and vegetables. It was a delicious feast!
Have a good weekend!