1. Plastic containers are often used to make "new" plastic containers.
2. Plastic bags such as those from grocery stores can be made into new bags, but they can also be made into plastic lumber to make picnic tables and benches.
4. Plastic bottles can be made into T-shirts. It takes about ten soda bottles to make one T-shirt.
6. Plastic bottles can be made into sleeping bags.
7. Plastic bubble wrap could become a playground fence.
8. Water bottles are sometimes used in carpeting.
10. Plastic foam packing might be made into a picture frame.
12. A recycled soda bottle could become insulation in your new jacket (fiberfill). It takes about 14 bottles to create enough fiberfill for one jacket.
13. Plastic bottle caps can become yarn.
I had no idea! Thanks to The American Chemistry Council for the information.
Join the fun at Thursday Thirteen!
Subscribe in a reader