2. My district does not subscribe to "common core" teaching methods or materials.
4. My principal is a man of faith. Recently, when I had my car accident, the faculty was in a meeting. He immediately stopped and led a prayer on my behalf. He reads his Bible during down time, and it is usually on his desk.
5. We have counselors who work so hard to provide for kids' needs.
7.Our district is actually opposed to the particular state assessment we are required to use at this time, and we have joined a consortium of other school districts who are also opposed. I don't know what progress they have made so far, but I know they are educated, respected, and tenacious.
9. Teachers get a 30 minute duty-free lunch. This is required by law, but sometimes teachers end up spending part of their lunch periods escorting and assisting students in spite of the law.
10. All of our students will have tablets or laptops issued to them this year from 4th grade up. The district provides great technology training.
11. We have instructional coaches who are a great resource to help us find original methods of lesson delivery, how to incorporate technology that meets our educational goals, provide feedback when requested, and help our curriculum with vertical alignment.
12. We have the BEST campus nurse. She has a special room for teachers where she can take our blood pressure, help us decide if we need to see a doctor, or just let us rest. She keeps over-the-counter medicine stocked for us. She also helps us by providing on campus vaccinations and flu shots for teachers, blood drives, free mammograms, and many other programs.
13. And best of all, it takes less than 15 minutes to get to my school!
Play along with Thursday Thirteen!