I remarried in 2005, and all the kids live with us, my twins and his two daughters. I am never alone! There is always at least one other person here, usually 3 or 4, most of the time all six of us. The last time I was alone in the house was for three days in January when my husband and his two daughters went somewhere and my kids were at their dad's. I cherished that time.
I love my children! But I miss having alone time - time to do things I need or want to do without feeling obligated to someone else. Here is a list of the things I could do that would easily occupy an entire weekend of alone time (which I know isn't going to happen... but still...).
1. Sleep in my comfortable bed - uninterrupted.
2. Take a long, hot bath - uninterrupted.
3. Read, read, read.
4. Paint my nails and/or give myself a facial.
5. Watch a chick flick.
6. Make myself a milkshake.
7. Stay in my jammies all day if I want.
8. Play computer games, or convert old videos into DVD's, or makes slideshows and movies on the PC.
9. Pull out all my scrapbook and craft stuff and really play.
10. Catch up on work.
11. Stay up as late as I want to.
12. Go to the "Y" if I feel like it.
13. Have the entire house clean at one time instead of just in bits and pieces.
Thanks for visiting me. For more Thursday Thirteen, click here!
And don't miss my giveaway for three Junie B. Jones, First Grader books