I'm linking up with Thursday Thirteen today.
My post is about divorce. Some of it is based on my experiences, and some of it on my husband's.
Divorce really stinks...
1. When your kids’ teachers look down on kids with divorced parents.
2. When your ex gets remarried.
3. When your kids can’t do things (games, parties, etc.) because they have to go visit your ex.
4. When your ex and his wife talk about you in front of the kids.
5. When your kids’ friends don’t have divorced parents.
6. When you have a different last name than your child.
7. When your ex doesn’t pay child support.
8. When your ex ignores your children.
9. When your child has to construct a “family tree.”
10. When you argue over visitation.
11. When you have to go back to court to solve a problem that you should be able to solve without help.
12. When your friends/acquaintances treat you differently because you are divorced.
13. When your kids use their divorced parents to get their way.
Don't get me wrong... there are good and valid reasons for divorce, but that doesn't mean it's easy.