New teachers to my district reported last week. Veteran teachers, I guess that's what you call us old-timers, reported Tuesday. The students start August 25th. I was NOT looking forward to being back at work, and here are 13 of the many reasons.
1. No more staying up till all hours of the night on the Internet.
2. No more sleeping late.
3. I'm exiting the napping zone.
4. I actually have to get dressed in presentable clothes.
5. I have to wear makeup.
6. Not as much time for blogging.
7. No time for my favorite obsession... facebook (farmtown, jungle jewels, and chat)!
8. I'll have lessons to plan, meetings to attend, parents to call, and papers to grade.
9. I'll have to make school lunches (or worse, eat cafeteria food).
10. I'll have to go to the restroom on a schedule! Gasp!
11. No more meeting my husband or friends for lunch or movie dates.
12. I won't have time to catch up on any more shows (because I really don't have much time for TV during the school year).
13. No more freedom!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
To stay positive, maybe next week I will give you 13 good reasons for school to start, but right now, I'm still pouting.
Visit more Thursday 13 participants here!