There are certain things I find comforting when I am having a bad day, or feeling anxious, or under too much stress. These may not align exactly with what you consider comforting, but I bet there are a few on your list. These are in no particular order.
1. Cozy socks and blanket.
2. A peanut butter and jelly sandwich.
3. Home-made chicken and dumplings.
4. A long soak in a hot bubble bath.
5. A fire in a wood-burning fireplace.
6. A good book and the time to read it.
7. A day off (whether from work or from chores).
8. A chocolate milkshake (reminds me of my dad.)
9. Proper hugs.
11. Petting my cat. (Pets can help us live longer.)
12. A massage. (I recently received on as a gift so I need to schedule it!)
13. Coloring (or any artistic endeavor)
I could likely list several more things, but it's a Thursday 13. So... would any of these be on your comfort list.
For more fun lists, visit Thursday Thirteen.