A few weeks ago, I was noticing, again, how quickly my husband could be ready for work or ready to go to bed while I was still applying products after a shower. I noticed the number of products I use was far greater than his. Aside from the obvious feminine products, there is just so much more!
In the US alone, women have a purchasing power of $5 to $15 TRILLION dollars. No wonder so many ads and products are geared toward women! This post is not a discussion of economics, nor of what is right or wrong about this. It's just an observation about the products I use in my own home in comparison to the few he needs (soap, razor, shaving cream, shampoo, deodorant, toothpaste, mouthwash). This may not apply to your home or to all men, but it applies in my home.
1. Sugar and salt scrubs. (I'm making some of these for my daughters for Christmas. You could make one, too!)
2. Bath salt or bubble bath. (I have NEVER seen my husband take a bath. Ever. I'm also making bath salt for Christmas presents for the girls. You could also make this!)
3. Lotion and body butter. (Something else I'm making. Lots of DIY this year!)
4. Multiple fragranced body washes. (I like the fragrances and the lather.)
6. Eyeliner. (Other than brows, this is my go-to for an every day routine. I don't like the way my eyes look without it.)
7. Conditioning oil for the hair. (This is not conditioner. It's an extra step after the hair is clean. I'm having a hard time finding my favorite.)
8. Facial cleanser. (Plain soap should do just fine, but it doesn't.)
9. Makeup remover. (self-explanatory)
10. Toner. (This is an extra step AFTER removing the makeup but before applying moisturizer.)
11. Moisturizers, or, for those of a certain age, anti-wrinkle cream.
12. Body sprays. See numbers 3 and 4 (I usually get multiples of these so I can match my body wash fragrances.)
13. Hair accessories. (My son's hair accessory is a ball cap, which I know many women use as well. I can't find a cap that isn't too large for my head so I use things like ponytail holders, clips, barrettes, and headbands.
This is not a conclusive list, just what came out of my observations the other day.
For more fun lists, visit Thursday Thirteen.