I'm linking up with Emmy Mom for Friday 5 - 5 thoughts and 5 pictures. Come join us!
1. You might have read my review of The Fault in our Stars. I wasn't very kind. It didn't stir a lot of my emotions because I felt like it was predictable. Well. I'm going to (sort of) eat my words! I went to see the movie today, and I bawled my eyes out! I was crying silently for about the last half hour of the movie, then let it go at the end. It may be because of all the other stress in my life right now, but whatever the reason, I cried.
2. I have to give kudos the the young actresses in the movie, particularly those that played Hazel Grace, Augustus Waters, and Isaac. They were incredible!
3. In less than a day, I will leave to take my youngest to college six hours away from home. That may not seem like far to some of you, but to me, it is a world away. I don't know how I'm going to function without seeing her every day. She has gone away for a week, two, or even three at a time, but she was always coming home from those trips. I will see her maybe in September, November, and December. That's it! I see a lot of Kleenex in my future!
4. My son, her twin, is staying at home, thankfully. He has decided to attend community college, which is a huge step for him. Just a month or so ago, he wasn't sure he even wanted to go to college. I couldn't force him. I could threaten him, sure, but really, it had to be his decision. I'm so happy.
5. Our 21 year old has her associates from community college, and she took a year off to work full time, but she has decided to go back full time, so she will be leaving for university nine hours away from home. She leaves Sunday. She moved out back in December, so we became accustomed to seeing her infrequently, but again, knowing that she is so far and that we CAN'T see her will be difficult.