I am resurrecting a post I wrote in 2015 in honor of the upcoming Valentine's Day "holiday" with a few minor changes. (Guys, Valentine's Day is Monday. Don't allow Superbowl Sunday to keep you from remembering this.)
This edition of Thursday 13 is brought to you by Valentine's Day. I'm not necessarily a huge proponent of Valentine's Day, as you can read in this post, but to my male readers (although I think most of my readers are female) you need to know that when a woman says, "Oh, you don't need to get me anything," or "Oh, anything will do," it is a good-natured LIE. Women just don't want to TELL you they expect a gift. They want it to be your idea. So, Men, your wife or girlfriend will always LOVE to get a gift from you, regardless of how much the lady doth protest.
1. A card - Not a Hallmark card. A card you have either made yourself, or if you must buy a pre-made card, include a super-sweet or sexy sentiment handwritten by you, or perhaps a love poem tucked inside.
2.Candy - I prefer Peanut Butter M&Ms, but some women want a candy heart. But here's a tip... Skip the Pangburn's and go straight to the really good stuff like Dove, Ghiradelli, Lindt, Godiva, or even Russell Stover.
3. Flowers - I love the color pink and pretty much any type of flower such as carnations and roses. And I like Cala Lillies, too. Try to send them to her at work where her friends and co-workers will see them. That'll earn you some extra sugar. And make sure they come in a vase, not a box!
4.Stuffed Animals - Again, I don't mean the ones you get off the shelf at CVS or Walgreens. Get the good stuff! Go to Build-a-Bear workshop, probably in every mall near you, choose a cute bear, record your voice giving her a message, and the Bear-Builders will place the message so she can hear it when she presses a button in the animal's paw. She'll see you as thoughtful. I have a pink cat that my husband and children gave me that I love.
5. Pajamas or lingerie - Nothing too risque. A pajamagram is a great gift idea.
6. A Restaurant Dinner - Take her out to her favorite restaurant. And don't forget to make reservations so you don't have to wait for hours.
7. Perfume - Find out her favorite fragrance and purchase it for her.
8. Jewelry - Diamonds are nice, but so are earrings, necklaces, and bracelets. Ask a salesperson to help you choose something stylish in the costume jewelry section if your budget can't take diamonds right now. I have fallen in love with Charming Charlie!
9. Bubble Bath - And the time to take a long, hot bath without kids disturbing her! Or take one together. I love the detox rocks from Bath Junkie. And lavendar is a relaxing fragrance. I also like the lavender/vanilla bath stuff from Bath and Body Works. But get what your lady likes.
10. Candles - Can you tell that women love fragrance? And again, don't go for the dollar store candles. Choose one at a place such as Yankee Candle Company or Bath and Body Works. If you want to support someone with a home-based business, PartyLite makes the best candles. And if she prefers flameless wax fragrance, Scentsy is another home-based business that has quality products.
12. Theater Tickets - Even better than a movie, buy tickets to the theater. She'll see you have a cultural side.
13. A Professional Massage or Facial - Saved the best for less. Massage Envy tends to be an affordable place. Find a day spa near you that gives deep cleansing facials, one hour massages, or better yet, couples massages. She'll be so relaxed! And a relaxed woman is a happy woman!
NOTICE: APPLIANCES ARE NOT ON THIS LIST ANYWHERE!
Ladies, what do you prefer as a Valentine gift?
Happy Valentine's Day! Visit Thursday Thirteen here.