Last week I talked about how difficult it is getting older. We're in our 50's close to 60 and our remaining parents are pushing 80 and over 90. There has to be something GOOD about aging, right? Let me see what I can come up with.
1. Many restaurants give discounts to people age 60 and older (some 55 and up), for example, Applebees, Carrabba's (one of our faves), Denny's, Dairy Queen (I need a Blizzard every now and then), Saltgrass (another fave), Taco Bell, Whataburger, and Outback, just to name a few. There is even an online list of many of these places and what you can expect to get discounted or free.
2. Car insurance is usually less expensive since older people may not use their cars as much and aren't usually reckless.
3. Pensions and 401K accounts become available to withdraw.
4. The kids are all grown, and we get to have GRANDbabies! (And granddogs and grandcats).
5. Medicare becomes available to help with those pesky medical bills.
8. More time to work on hobbies (with all that free time)!
9. Smithsonian Magazine suggests older people show a greater degree of social awareness and empathy than younger people.
10. Home Care Assistance group mentions that older people have fortified their immune systems so they tend to get fewer allergies and infections.
11. More free time means that you can schedule trips and vacations with more flexibility.
12. You may never have to set an alarm clock again, well, depending on if you need to drive to the airport early in the morning for vacation, or something like that.
13. Overall... less stress!
For more great lists, visit Thursday Thirteen.