Visit more Thursday Thirteen!
It's Spring Break week here, and my family and I just returned from a 3-day Texas hill country vacation. It was so wonderful to get away, even if it was only for a few days.
1. Stopped in Lockhart, Texas to eat at Black’s Barbecue, Texas’s oldest BBQ restaurant owned by the same family. It was also featured on the travel channel’s episode of barbecue paradise.
2. Learned a lot about Austin’s architecture and landmarks.
3. Took a short cruise on Ladybird Johnson Lake.
4. Watched almost one million Mexican Freetail bats leave the safety of their home under the Congress Avenue Bridge to feed (on insects). This is the largest urban colony of bats, and it's only ten blocks from our state's capitol building.
5. At at Buca de Beppo for the first time. Interesting...
6. Rode The Goliath at Fiesta Texas with my twins.
7. Took our annual Superhero cape photo.
8. Saw a great 50’s-style music and dance show.
9. Had our annual visit to the Magic Time Machine restaurant in San Antonio. Tinkerbell and the Joker took turns waiting on us.
10. Had a great nightcap the night before we came home (Kahlua and cream).
11. Enjoyed the hot tub.
12. Shopped at Rivercenter Mall in San Antonio.