This edition of Thursday 13 is brought to you by Valentine's Day. I'm not necessarily a huge proponent of Valentine's Day, as you can read in this post, but to my male readers (although I think most of my readers are female) you need to know that when a woman says, "Oh, you don't need to get me anything," or "Oh, anything will do," it is a good-natured LIE. Women just don't want to TELL you they expect a gift. They want it to be your idea. So, Men, your wife will always LOVE to get a gift from you, regardless of how much the lady doth protest.
1. A card - Not a Hallmark card. A card you have either made yourself, or one that has a super-sweet or sexy sentiment handwritten by you, or perhaps a love poem is tucked inside.
2.Candy - I prefer Peanut Butter M&Ms, but some women want a candy heart. But here's a tip... Skip the Pangburn's and go straight to the really good stuff like Dove, Ghiradelli, Lindt, or Godiva.
3. Flowers - I love the color pink and pretty much any type of flower such as carnations and roses. And I like Cala Lillies, too. Try to send them to her at work where her friends and co-workers will see them. That'll earn you some extra sugar. And make sure they come in a vase, not a box!
4.Stuffed Animals - Again, I don't mean the ones you get off the shelf at CVS or Walgreens. Get the good stuff! Go to Build-a-Bear workshop, probably in every mall near you, choose a cute bear, record your voice giving her a message, and the Bear-Builders will place the message so she can hear it when she presses a button in the animal's paw. She'll see you as thoughtful. I have a pink cat that my husband and children gave me that I love.
5. Pajamas or lingerie - Nothing too risque. A pajamagram is a great gift idea, and I've already found the link for you.. I heard about this on the radio.
6. A Restaurant Dinner - Take her out to her favorite restaurant. And don't forget to make reservations so you don't have to wait for hours.
7. Perfume - Find out her favorite fragrance and purchase it for her.
8. Jewelry - Diamonds are nice, but so are earrings, necklaces, and bracelets. Ask a salesperson to help you choose something stylish in the costume jewelry section if your budget can't take diamonds right now. I have fallen in love with Charming Charlie!
Bath Junkie. And lavendar is a relaxing fragrance. I also like the "rock-type" lavendar/chamomile bath stuff from Bath and Body Works, but they are usually sold out.
10. Candles - Can you tell that women love fragrance? And again, don't go for the dollar store candles. Choose one at a place such as Yankee Candle Company or Bath and Body Works. If you know someone in the business, PartyLite makes the best candles.
11. Movie Tickets - Take her to see that chick-flik she's dying to see.
12. Theater Tickets - Even better than a movie, buy tickets to the theater. She'll see you have a cultural side.
13. A Professional Massage or Facial - Saved the best for less. Massage Envy tends to be an affordable place. Find a day spa near you that gives deep cleansing facials, one hour massages, or better yet, couples massages. She'll be so relaxed! And a relaxed woman is a happy woman!
Ladies, what do you prefer as a Valentine gift?
NOTICE: APPLIANCES ARE NOT ON THIS LIST ANYWHERE!
Happy Valentine's Day! Visit Thursday Thirteen here.
Subscribe in a reader