How about some randomness today with Stacey Unocorked?
1. I wonder how many people are actually offended by the words, "Merry Christmas." I know a few people who are of other religions than Christianity, but I don't know if the word Christmas is offensive to them? I wonder what the percentage is of those who have a problem with it. The school district I worked in over 20 years ago was already succumbing to pressure. We were not allowed to decorate our classrooms for any holiday (Halloween, Christmas, etc.). Why does the majority cave in to the minority? Or are Christians no longer the majority?
2. I have not finished shopping. It seems like everyone is harder to buy for this year except maybe one daughter. Most of us have everything we need and most of what we want already. But I love giving gifts!
3. I also love my tree this year. It's simple but beautiful.
4. I also learned something from Pinterest that I love. When you wrap a "biggish" present in red paper, put a black ribbon around the middle, then put a silver or gold "buckle" in the middle, it looks like Santa. It's so cute and clever, not to mention, easy!
5. My college kids are finished for the semester, but I have another 3 days. It can't come soon enough! Lots to do!