Tuesday, October 28, 2014
Questions are in red. My answers are in black.
1. My hubs spent last weekend pheasant hunting. Are there hunters in your family? If so, what do they hunt? Which of the following have you tasted-pheasant, rabbit, venison, duck, goose? Which of those would you most like to taste, or be most willing to taste? Vegetarians keep calm and Hodgepodge on.
A. My son has been hunting a couple of times. He likes it. He brought home quail, but it went bad before we had a chance to cook it. I would have tried it, though. I have eaten venison, duck, and squirel. I prefer regular meat, though: beef, chicken, fish.
2. What high spot have you visited that gave you a wonderful 'bird's eye view' of something below?
A. The Grand Canyon. The views are amazing! Looking down into the canyon from one of the highest points is breathtaking. Words don't do it justice. You can barely see the water right around the middle of this photo.
3. Do you have any birds in your home? These could be either real live pets or decorative, as in bird prints, knickknacks, fabric or pottery.
A. No. No birds here. Well, maybe an owl on a decorative box, but that's it. My daughter hates birds. She's seriously phobic when it comes to birds. I blame this on us (her parents) taking her duck and goose feeding when she was little.
4. Tell about a time you 'killed two birds with one stone'?
A. Can't think of a thing, although I'm all for efficiency, getting two things done at once. But I have no clever story like putting was on the bottom of my socks and sliding around the floor to both A) get the floor clean and B) get some exercise.
5. Your favorite song with a bird in it's title?
A. Rockin' Robin is a cute song. Reminds me of my childhood.
6. What most recently gave you goose bumps?
A. I had a horrible dream recently that had snakes in it, and snakes give me the heebie jeebies, so those were bad goose bumps!
7. Halloween is this Friday...any plans? Did you trick or treat as a child? Carve pumpkins? Share your most memorable costume.
A. No plans this year except maybe to hand out some candy. I used to love to trick or treat. I'm not big into carving pumpkins, but this year I decorated a few. One year, I went as a saloon girl. I loved that costume!
8. Insert your own random thought here.
A. I don't see a point in having Red Ribbon week in middle and high school. It only serves to HYPE the kids and give them excuses to wear crazy socks, crazy hair, crazy ties, crazy hats. How does that promote a drug-free lifestyle. They only sign pledge cards because A) they are forced to and B) the pledge cards go into a drawing for prizes. I wish we had a program that was useful in promoting a drug-free lifestyle.