I've been spending some time on Pinterest to get birthday card ideas for several members of my family who are
· Cars – If kept in good condition, cars become classics.
· Red Wine – Over time, tannins, sugar, and acidity create a richer flavor.
· Music – It’s the nostalgia factor.
· Movies – Nostalgia, again, and fewer distracting special effects meant the story had to be good.
· Parmesan Cheese – Enzymes break down creating its unmistakable flavor (cheddar cheese, too).
· Jeans – When you break them in, they get softer.
· Cast iron skillets – Grandma’s skillet is seasoned to perfection; it makes food taste better.
· Balsamic vinegar – The longer the fermentation process, the better it tastes, like wine.
· Whiskey – Like wine and vinegar, the longer it ages, the richer its taste.
· Steak – Enzymes break down the fibers over time making it tender.
· Leather – It gets softer as it ages.
· Friendships – The longer you’re friends with someone, the less you worry about how they perceive you and you can be yourself.
· Technology – We used a rotary phone when I was growing up and had no remote control. We only have 5 channels, too. We didn’t have a microwave until I was in my teens, and the only video game system I had was PONG. Technology just continues to get better and better, or at least, more convenient.Play along or visit other T13ers!