Back in 1985, DEA Agent Kiki Camarena was murdered by drug traffickers in Mexico.
|Enrique (KiKi) Camarena Salazar|
Red Ribbon Week, which is coming up later this month, was started to honor his sacrifice. In 1988, RRW was first celebrated on a national level. I've seen many RRWs over my 30+ years of teaching, and while I don't think the themes and activities are what prevents students from taking drugs, it does raise awareness, and the students think it's fun.
- Sock it to Drugs-wear crazy socks
- Team up against Drugs- wear your favorite team's jersey, tee, or colors
- I Mustache you not to do Drugs-wear mustaches
- Put a Cap on Drugs - wear a hat
- Don't get Mixed up in Drugs - wear mis-matched clothes
- I'm too Bright for Drugs - wear sunglasses
- Lei off Drugs - wear Hawaiian shirts and leis
- Drugs can't Find Me - wear camo
- Your Future is Bright without Drugs - wear college shirts or jerseys
- Drugs will Make you Crazy - crazy hair day.
- Friends don't let Friends do drugs - Twin day (dress alike)
- Have the Power to Say No to drugs - dress like a super-hero
- Be "RED"y to Make a Difference - wear red
For more T13 fun, click here.