As a teacher of 11-13 year olds, I hear my fair share of slang words.
Here are 13 words I wish would just go away!
1. Bae (short for baby)
2. Yaaasss! (Yes plus excitement)
3. Wifey (married woman)
4. Lit (cool or high on drugs or alcohol)
5. Woke (culturally or politically aware)
6. GOAT (Greatest of all time)
7. Extra (over the top)
8. Keep it 100 (keeping it real)
9. Savage (someone who doesn’t care)
10. Bruh (means bro, often pronounced bra)
11. Squad (friend group)
12. Cray-Cray (crazy)
13. Snatched (you look great)
Join in the fun at Thursday Thirteen!
Subscribe in a reader