I wish I could...
1. Bake cakes and pies like a friend of mine who used to provide desserts to a 5 star restaurant in our area (until Hurricane Ike hit).
2. Sew like my mother used to do for us when we were growing up. Oh, I can do buttons and minor alterations, and I learned to make a skirt and a shirt when I was in high school, but I would love to be able to take a piece of fabric and turn it into something beautiful.
3. Knit like my mother-in-law.
4. Crochet like a friend who made beautiful blankets for the twins when they were babies.
5. Sing like a woman at church who could definitely record if she had the desire to do so.
6. Speak two languages fluently like some of my students from other countries.
7. Decorate like a friend who lives down the street. She and I have the same floor plan, with a few minor alterations, but her house is so… stylish!
8. Run long distances like my daughter.
9. Volunteer my time like I did when I took a year off teaching. There just isn’t enough time while working a full-time job.
10. Play the piano like my daughters.
11. Write novels like my favorite authors.
12. Paint like a gentleman that goes to my church. He’s very talented.
13. Sleep… like a baby! I have the hardest time falling asleep and staying that way.
Join us at Thursday 13!