Wednesday, September 28, 2011
1. Your metabolism slows after age 40. (Don't I know it!)
2. Every pound of muscle uses 6 calories a day to sustain itself, but each pound of fat only burns 2 calories per day.
3. Eating protein at every meal helps you to feel full and keeps you from losing muscle mass.
4. The body needs water to process calories.
5. Having your water over ice (or ice cold0 can burn an extra 10 calories per day. Not much, but every little bit helps!
6. Eating small meals (instead of really big meals) every 3-4 hours keeps your metabolism working all day.
7. Spicy foods can kick-start your metabolism (if your digestive system can tolerate them).
8. Eating less than 1,000 calories per day will likely slow your metabolism.
9. My Fitness Pal is a great website to use to keep track of your calories, exercise, weight loss goals, or fitness plans.
10. Skipping breakfast can slow your metabolism.
11. Exercising in the morning burns more calories than exercising in the evening. Wish I could make myself get up earlier! I'm not a morning person.
12. 70 million Americans are considered obese. Eeeeek! That's 1/3 of adults and 20% of our children.
13. Here is an online metabolism calculator to help you determine what calorie intake is best for you.
Visit more T-13!