Monday, June 29, 2009
Sunday, June 28, 2009
This week I did six digital pages and 4 cards. Pix of the cards will come next week. I also started on a traditional scrapbooking 2 page layout, and I'm almost finished. Pix of that next week, too.
Participate in the optional Sunday Scrappin' challenge.
Finish the layout I started this week.
Complete at least one more 2 page layout.
Complete at least four more digital pages.
I do the digital pages for recent photos so I can use them as gifts for grandparents.
Last week, we were supposed to show off Dad in one of our projects since last week was Father's Day. My traditional layout has my dad in it, but I don't have the photo ready. This week's challenge is to be inspired by summer. Not necessarily a layout of summer activities... though that would work... but maybe something inspired by the color of your neighborhood pool, or something that reminds you of your garden. Get creative with summer inspirations!
Oh, I make plans. I try to carry out those plans, but I’m only a toy on whom others place limitations. A puppeteer shows up and throws a wrench into my plans, twists my strings, turns me upside down. I’m at the mercy of the almighty puppeteer’s will.
I’d like to cut these strings and control my own life. But, I’m just a toy. I don’t have scissors. I have no power. I have no influence. I’m forever waiting for someone to pick up my strings and move me in a certain direction. If only someone could breathe real life into this marionette like the Blue Fairy did for Pinocchio. But fairies only exist in dreams, and wishes only come true in fairy tales.
The Sunday Scribblings prompt was “toys” in hopes we could all use something light this week. Unfortunately, the prompt didn’t work out light for me, but it felt good to get this off my chest.
Saturday, June 27, 2009
Catch more Camera Critters here!
Friday, June 26, 2009
They will always be my babies, no matter how old they are. I am blessed. Happy birthday!
Thursday, June 25, 2009
Tuesday, June 23, 2009
Monday, June 22, 2009
Sunday, June 21, 2009
My Ta-Da's for this week:
1. Organizing all of my scrapbook paper by color, both solids and patterns.
2. 12 pages in 6 2-page layouts. Ten of those were done at my sister's Monday and Tuesday. The other two I did at home yesterday. And here they are:
1. Take part in the Sunday Scrappin' optional challenge.
2. Look up some sketches on PagesMaps.
3. Complete as many pages as I can, but no less than six.
1. Last week we were supposed to name our favorite color then create a layout using the opposite color of our favorite using a color wheel. Since my favorite color is pink, I chose shades of green to use in some Easter pages.
2. This week's challenge is to show off a card you made or a scrapbook page you completed featuring dear ole Dad or someone who is like a dad to you.
Saturday, June 20, 2009
Friday, June 19, 2009
Thursday, June 18, 2009
Monday, June 15, 2009
Sunday, June 14, 2009
I actually have Ta-Da's this week! I made two birthday cards. The pictures didn't come out great, though. The stamp on the blue star doesn't even show up in the picture. I need a new camera! I bought one from Target, and I had to return it. Anyone want to recommend a good one that doesn't cost an arm and a leg? My twins are almost 13. I know! I can't believe it, either! I wrote each of them a poem for the inside of their card. The cards are nothing fancy, but they fit their personalities.
I'm goign to scrapbook with my sister this week, so that's my whole to-do list.
Each week, our hosts give an optional challenge. I didn't particpate this week since I was planning birthday parties (post on that tomorrow). I should be able to this week, though. Amy wants us to think about our favorite color. Mine is pink. Now, think about what's on the opposite side of the color wheel... and use those two colors in your project! That will be something in the green family for me. I can do that!
Happy scrappin' everyone!
Friday, June 12, 2009
Wednesday, June 10, 2009
13 Reasons to Love Summer
1. No school! One of the FEW perks we teachers have, although many of us teach summer school for financial reasons. I choose not to.
3. Swimming at the neighborhood pool or Grandma’s house.
4. Waterparks like Palm Beach at Moody Gardens or Schlitterbahn.
5. Sleeping in. I never get enough sleep.
6. Vacation. Where will we go? We went to Arizona last year. We’re thinking of a cruise or Cozumel (or a cruise to Cozumel).
7. Time to spend with friends.
8. Catching up on TV and movies. Lost, Prison Break, Grey’s Anatomy are my favorite TV shows. Movies I’ve seen recently: The Spiderwick Chronicles, Slumdog Millionaire, Night at the Museum 2, and Angels and Demons. Next movie on the list is Prince Caspian. And I can't WAIT for the upcoming Harry Potter movie!
9. Picnics in the park. (Did you ever read my post Blindfolded at the Park?)
10. Catching up on unfinished projects around the house. I want to paint the kids’ bedrooms this summer.
11. More time to READ!
12. Sunny, warm weather.
13. Summer fruits and flowers.